HAPPY 2016 TO ALL! Since we are at the beginning of a brand new year, I think our first prompt for 2016 should be to write something weird. How should you write a weird story? Well, first of all, you’ll select one of the starter sentences from the ones listed below. Then, you’ll write a story that’s dark, sinister, strange, mysterious, bizarre, twisted… I’m sure you get the idea. Let’s check out your selections.
- When I left the room, it was in the corner by the window.
- She found begging distasteful, but what other choice did she have?
- He hoped he would be able to outrun them this time.
- When they first arrived, it had been with the best of intentions.
- We pounded as hard as we could, but the door would not open.
You can take your story down a horror path, cruise it down a sci-fi highway or jumble those two genres together. The point being, when we get finished reading your story, we do not want to feel all warm and cozy. We want to be shaken, rattled, rolled, and taken on a wild ride.
So, pick a starter and get to writing. Weird awaits!
Prompt: Select one of the starter sentences and use it to begin your story
Genre: Horror or science fiction or a mixture of both
Word Count: 1,500 or less
Deadline: Thursday, January 7, 2016
Post your story on your blog or website and provide a link to it in the comment section of this prompt.