The spirits are out in full force this week, and they want you to finish what they’ve started. They’ve sent us some sentences from the great beyond, and they want you to choose one of them with which to begin your story.
So, pick your starter and get to writing. Make sure you don’t let the spirits down – they’ll be watching!
Prompt: Write a story that begins with one of the following sentences:
- I wondered why that particular closet door had been nailed shut.
- They would never believe it had been her fault.
- He had to find a way to stop them from demolishing the house.
- She knew she had to find the necklace.
- The box was left at the front door, and had no return address.
Word Count: 1,500 or less
Deadline: Thursday, June 30, 2016
Post your story on your blog or website and provide a link to it in the comment section of this prompt.