Prompt by Joyce Juzwik
One definition of drama is ‘an exciting, emotional, or unexpected series of events or set of circumstances.’ This week, we want you to choose a starter sentence and let the drama flow.
Prompt: Begin your story with one of the following sentences:
- He knew if he told them the truth, they would turn against him.
- She ran away quickly, hoping none would follow.
- They decided to leave the door unlocked in case it showed up.
- The letter revealed a shocking secret.
- No one in town wanted to accept the free tickets.
Word Count: 1,500 or less
Deadline: December 22, 2016
Post your story on your blog or website and provide a link to it in the comment section of this prompt.